“Conservation is ethically sound. It is rooted in our love of the land, our respect for the rights of others, our devotion to the rule of law.” -Lyndon B. Johnson
- Turkey litter is used from local area turkey barns to fertilize. It also helps in building organic matter and soil tilth.
- Assist landowners in choosing and implementing conservation programs such as CRP/CREP and RIM.
- Use filter strips to minimize runoff
- Seeded irrigator corners into pheasant habitat.
- Irrigation management is used to insure the crop receives adequate moisture, conserve water, and minimize leaching of nitrates and certain pesticides into the water supply.
- Equipment is sized and equipped with GPS to follow similar traffic patterns to minimize overlapping, ensure accurate product placement, and reduce compaction.
- Installed energy efficient florescent lights in our shop to reduce energy consumption.
- Summer 2012 we constructed a fuel containment system. This is an upcoming EPA requirement to keep spills from reaching our water supply.